Monday, November 10, 2008

My mother

Ok, today somewhat brought new insight into the world my mother lived in with two children. Charlie & I fought like cats & dogs back in the day and today that is all I heard from my little ones. Mom, Tanner pulled my hair, mom, Tanner bit my toe (first of all Tanner I think is teething a bit, and 2nd why would you let him put your toe in his mouth???), Tanner hit me in the head with a bowl, etc. Then Tanner comes up and says Sissy, bad, crying pointing downstairs to where sissy is lurking to take yet another toy away, coming back upstairs every 10 min. to tell me yet again sissy, bad. They are not like this very often every once in awhile it happens full boar and today was that day. Sure I get a little bit everyday, but for the most part they're pretty good. I don't know how many times I said please don't hit, bite, etc., do NOT touch each other at all, listen to me, do you hear me!!! I know know how my mother felt those days when she looked like she could pull her hair out. I am SOOOOOO SORRY, Mother!!! I love you and thank you so much for not selling us to the gypsy's on those days (believe me this has crossed my mind, as I'm sure it has for others). Just kidding, I love the little rugrats and would never dream of doing this.

Frustration rose tonight as I read their stories, put Karlie in bed (I choose these words) and down with Tanner to his bed to rock with him. As I am rocking him to sleep and singing to him, I hear from the top of the stairs...Mom, I have to go potty, mom, I have to go potty (I chose to ignore & sing a wee bit louder)...quiet for a bit...MOM, I have to go potty (she is screaming it to me as she is still at the top of the stairs)...so I yelled GOOOOOO! So much for rocking Tanner into a relaxed state. Then the phone rings, daddy from the shack (without a watch obviously because he's calling as I'm putting kids down on a day that has been crazy, no deer yet by the way). Then I went in to explain to Karlie quiet when I'm putting Tanner down and we no longer need to ask to go potty we are a big girl, we can just Go. Then about 5 more times out of bed kiss, hug, lets start over fresh tomorrow bits, etc. I've had her hearing checked and apparently it's OK. The Dr. told me it's just selective. Really, what a shocker! What a day!

Although, today was a bit crazy and mom's button's were pushed...there was some wonderful snuggling time. Karlie snuggled into my right arm and Tanner snuggled up on my lap on the couch as we watched a movie. They also colored some beautiful pictures for me. Plus grandma Cheryl made it home from Florida last night so she came over to see us at lunch with goodies for the kids. First thing Karlie asked was watcha got for me??? Modesty she has doesn't she. Tanner just smacked his lips for a kiss. We missed grandma. Tomorrow as our saying goes in the house, Tomorrow is a fresh start. Mommy is now relaxing and readying myself for that fresh new day. :) I look back on my day today and giggle (now).

No comments: