Monday, May 26, 2008
Vaccinations
Is anyone else paranoid about having their children vaccinated with everything under the sun...the way it is done now days? As of late, I have become very engrossed in reading & deciding what could be the best for my children. There have been so many reports about links of the MMR vaccination & autism, that my heart can't stand it. Do I let them give my children the vaccination because they may get measles, mumps or rubella if I don't and deal with the possibility of them later getting autism? I DON'T KNOW!!! Is there a real link between the two, or is this just surfacing paranoia of the typical mommy? The kids have had all of the vaccinations required of them up until this point and have been absolutely fine, but Tanner has his one year shots next week and Karlie possibly hers before starting preschool so I have been racking my brain with trying to make the right decision, but I really need more reliable info. Adam & I have talked about it, but I'm the only one in our family that has really heard anything about it up to this point and I'm pointing it out to him so he's with me on whatever we decide. He's never actually heard anything about it. I would like to show him real hard proof. If any of you have any information about this please let me know. Am I just an over paranoid mommy? I don't know, I like to think I just want to be a well educated one with a very important decision to make. This decision is weighing very heavy on my heart right now. My kids, my family are my everything. I can't help thinking that what if this round of shots is the one that changes it all. Any information or support would be greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
get the shots...they have them for a reason and apparently that reason is for what they protect them from...yes I have heard the horror stories and thought about that decision-to vaccinate or not to vaccinate...I draw the line at having to do the knee lock on my own kid when they inflict the pain though!
Thanks Becky. I think they need them for school anyway. It's just scary.
Post a Comment