





Finally, spring feels as if it is here, hopefully to stay. I heard some frogs chirp last night. Yesterday I took the kids to the library for the first time for the summer reading program. Karlie was so excited to get her own library card. She picked out a few books while Tanner randomly ran around pulling books off of the shelf. I found Amelia Badelia and asked Karlie if we should get it she said no, but I really wanted it since it was one I read as a child so we got it. We even got some movies and Karlie will get her own library bag next week. Then we headed out to Nicholson's for seeds for the garden & a plant for Karlie. We then put marigolds & onions in the garden
Tanner ate with his fork again last night, then proceeded to lick his plate & laugh. How could I not laugh. Adam's says I was encouraging him, but then he laughed too.
Today we took the kids for a picnic at Smokey Bear park since Karlie likes him. Adam & I got subway & the kids Peanut butter sandwiches. I laid out a blanket. The kids just sat down next to each other with their sandwiches and ate. They looked so cute. Adam & I sat down with them. Tanner stood up and started running around with his sandwich after awhile, tripped, mashed a little PB with grass, got up ran around again back to the blanket, tripped again, a little mashed PB into the blanket. I just laughed. Then we played hide & seek in the few little pine trees that are there. So much fun. My little ones had such a good time and so did we! I'll have to figure out some more field trips & summer activities for us because the kids have been so good and I know it's because their not pent up in the house any longer.
Today I even got to mow the lawn for the 1st time, and then rake the "hay" since the grass was very long, but hadn't dried out enough until now. I love spring!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment