Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Why only 24 hours in the day???

The last week has been the most spastic week I've ever had. This is a little how it went: Last Wed.-straighten house, laundry, etc. because Adam's brother Ben's came to stay with us; Thurs.-go exercise 11:00 get kids home by 12:15, get them down for naps, run, dishes while they nap, get them up & head to Big Falls to pick Ben up, supper, play with kids, then to bed; Friday-Rehearsal Dinner for Adam's cousin Kory's wedding; Sat.-6:30am run, bath for the kids, curlers in Karlie's hair, naps, I shower while they nap, get them dressed, then my hair & makeup in between picking Tanner up away from the garbage & trying to play in the toilet while I do my hair, pull him out of the drawers, listen to them play in the living room together & then taking turns screaming at each other, run out to pull them apart, head to the wedding, ply my children with treats during the wedding to keep them quiet, dinner & daddy decides it would be good to get Karlie a Kitty Cocktail and then he heads back to his place at the head table with the rest of the groomsmen. Thank goodness my mom & dad were there because about every 10 min. after she would shout POTTY, I HAVE TO GO POTTY!!! So there were roughly 10 trips to the bathroom within an hour. Then she went out to dance non stop for the next 2 hours. I didn't think we'd ever get her off the floor. Tanner passed out in my arms around 9:00pm, just coudn't keep those eyes open anymore. Off they went home with Grandma & Papa.

Mommy & daddy got to have a night out. Lots of fun visiting with people we haven't seen in a long time. To bed late, and up at 7:00am because Adam had a wild hair and had to go fishing with his brother. I was like are you crazy this is my one & only day to sleep in with no children to wake me up, but couldn't get back to sleep, picked up the kids, took a cat nap, planted our whole garden with the kids. This should come with a warning lable on it, I had two kids running every which way with rakes, wagons, seed packets, etc. running through the garden over freshly planted tomato plants, Tanner decided to shove a bunch of soaking beans in his mouth when I was planting those, NUTS I tell you, Chaios! Played with the kids in their pool, got them to bed & went & mowed lawn until 10:00pm. Next day mowed the rest of the lawn while the kids napped & Volleyball that night. Tues-both kids in for their vaccinations. This weekend I have my 5k run in Baudette on Sat. & Karlie's birthday party on Sunday. It just seems like there is something every minute of everyday. I'm hoping it settles down very shortly; the way it looks right now is it takes 2 days to mow my lawn & then three days it's all grown again. Take a guess at what I'll be doing this summer. Slow down spring/summer you just got here no reason to rush everything!

No comments: