Well, today my day started off to the rat-a-tat-tat of some stupid woodpecker (yes, he is stupid because IT IS METAL!) pecking on my metal garage right outside my window at 5:30 AM. Yesterday, he did the same thing, and I was like Annie Oakley out in my yard hunting him down with my BB Gun. Yes, I have a BB Gun & a 20 gage to my name and yes, this woodpecker deserves it whether he's doing a mating thing or not. My dad's big on birds and told me to leave the little thing alone because he was doing his mating call. I'm sure his little lady is not up at that hour either and would not appreciate being woke up at that hour. I did not find him so he's safe for another day. Please don't think I'm some meany that prays on defenseless little tweety birds; I do not enjoy getting rid of little birds from yard (only grouse during hunting season, which I really enjoy) and do not make a habit of it, but when they become irritating it is time. Four mornings in a row qualify as irritating in my book. Hopefully, he just finds himself a new home. :)
On another note...Tanner used a fork last night for the first time. At first he would just stab it into the food, come out with nothing, and then stick the fork in his mouth, and then when I gave him a green bean, he stabbed after a couple attempts and stuck it in his mouth. He is also teething like a mad man, poor little guy. I thought he had a cold at first, but I think it's just teeth, some days a runny nose or a low grade fever, other days OK, but he has been a little whiney the last week, just not his usual self. Karlie gets registered for preschool on Tuesday. I can't believe that she'll be starting preschool already this fall. Time just flies by.
Heading to the cities this weekend to celebrate with my cousin Vonda & her hubby. Can't wait to see them and the rest of the Hansen clan. :) Adam is worried about my mom, I & the kids traveling to the cities. I've only actually driven on the outskirts of the cities a couple of times, not much driving in the cities itself. I know, 29, and haven't driven in the cities, but everytime I go there someone else is always driving; I've just never had to. So Adam went and bought me one of those navigation systems/map GPS for in the car "just in case". He wanted me to read the manuel so I knew how to work it, but I prefer to just figure it out on my own or have him read it for me & tell me how to work it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You did great! And SO fun to see you... I'm honored to have been the one to lure you down driving! :-) Thank you so much for being there for us...
Post a Comment