Monday, January 21, 2008
Screening???
Karlie had her Kindergarden screening test today. This fall she starts preschool. I can't believe it. I realize that this screening is used to catch learning disorders and things children need help with, but I sat in on some of it and wow, what they expect kids to know by age 3. She got weighed & measured, the second person asked her weird questions "a table is made out of wood, a window is made out of _____". Karlie just looked at her and said I don't know with her own little attitude. Then we moved on to a 3rd person, the nurse who does hearing/vision test. By the end of this Karlie was like I'm hungry & want to go home, I'll point to anything or tell you anything you want to hear if you just let me go. Then the 4th person who was the teacher. She said Karlie did just fine. I think the screening was great; it's just a 3 year old has an attention span that's not very long and some of the questions Karlie just looked at her like what are you talking about. The one lady thought she was a hoot and asked me "is she a little independent", I was like more then a little. She has her own personality for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow... Kindergarten screening at 3?? I think we're going to be starting a little behind the '8 ball'... That's SO cute about Karlie! Sounds like she might be a little 'Type A' like her (2nd cousin?) Vonda! :-)
I know I think it's early too. People keep asking why I didn't put her in preschool at age 3. I think that is so little to send off to school by themselves. They have the rest of the lives to go to school. So we did what we thought was best for our child and I guess that's what matters, not what everyone else says. Definately Type A.
Post a Comment