Where in the world does time go? I need about 12 + more hours in a day to complete everything I need to do. Who knew it would take so much time to play with my children, feed, clothe, bath them, do dishes, laundry, sweep mop, vacuum, grocery shop, run Karlie to school & dance class, exercise myself, do the books for the business, feed animals, separate the kids when they're fighting, church and teaching children's church once a month (other mommy's & I switch off), yard work, gardening, read to the kids their bedtime stories (Bedtime Devotions & Little house on the Prairie, right now), and tuck them in, then actually get to have a real conversation with Adam. :) Some days it really feels like a whirlwind day. I really wish I had a slow motion button some days for my own life. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining; the kids just seem like they are growing too fast. I can't believe October is here already.
I've mentioned in the past Karlie's little independent streak. Well, the last dance class she did so well almost danced the whole entire time. See she likes to do her own dance and doesn't really pay attention to the teacher not because she doesn't want to...she just likes to be independent & needs to keep busy. This independent little girl will definately go big places when she grows up, but somedays it down right frustrates mommy. I'm going to count one of these days how many times mommy has to say Karlie are you listening to mommy because it is a lot. This is also one of her most hilarious traits. My little chatter box asks lots of difficult questions. The latest was she was wondering how we were going to get to heaven (we were out at the farm & asked about grandma hansen again) I told her one day God would take us home there...next question how does God do that; where is God. I tried to explain God is in each one of our hearts and she told me well then he definately can't take us to heaven because he doesn't have a car in our hearts. I had to smile, but tell her I would find out more info. for her. I'm really not sure how to better explain this whole thing to her other then the way I have, but if anyone knows a way to explain it better to a 4 year old PLEASE let me know. She also may be riding that school bus shortly, I talked to the driver who is my brothers best friends dad (who is wonderful & it makes me feel better about letting her ride when we're finally ready to let her). I forgot to warn him she's exactly like my brother when he was little (sorry little bro but you were a stinker in every sense of the word) :). he he he If there is a book on how to answer these questions, I would like it very much.
My little Tanner is so much a little boy now. Throwing everything...he has a very good arm on him. Maybe baseball is in his future. The latest is everything goes over the railing from the living room onto the stairs below. I have a wreath hanging part way down and most days it is littered with socks, his t-shirts, & toys. My mom came in one day and commented how beautiful my wreath looked. Also, he loves to turn the TV on & off, on & off. He's gone in the potty chair twice so far. He loves the new kitten and always wants to carry it, the kitty is not too fond of neck or tail holding, but is very patient with him as he learns. He is also very fascinated with his nose and that fingers fit up there. He has been to the Dr. more then I care to mention. Three ear infections since December, Urgent care last Oct. for croup, Urgent care a couple Sundays ago for falling just right on the potty chair and having a whole in his mouth where the inside upper lip meets the gums but he didn't need stitches for that I'm thankful, and the Dr. now thinks he has allergies which is why he sounds so congested half of the time.
Does grey hair come from children? My mom always said she never had any until she had us, I don't have any yet, but I'm tending to agree with her on this. Next weeked we're going to the shack, and from there on Sunday to Cowhorn Crossing farm in Grand Rapids. They have hay rides, 13 acre corn maze, hay maze, crafts, petting zoo, etc. It sounded like so much fun. The kids should have a blast. I know I will. This is one of my favorite times of year. Happy fall all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment