




This week has been another busy week. Karlie started school, cousins came to stay with us with their little ones, jelly making with the apples off our crab apple trees, and a new addition to our family a kitten (I believe we've decided to name him whiskers). Saturday we had a family reunion at Woodenfrog. We thought it might rain, but it was an absolutely beautiful fall day. Auntie's & uncles, cousins & even littler cousins meeting each other for the 1st time, visiting, food, fellowship, and family. The little ones fed the ducks, ate cookies, chased after one another, the girls giggled. Tanner just ran around. It was picture perfect.
Monday mom had gallbladder surgery. Everything went fine. They sent her home the same day which is amazing to me. She's off work for a couple weeks and just resting & recovering now. Dad is being a good nurse. :)
Karlie started dance class on Tues. 1st half is ballet & 2nd Tap. So cute in her little leotard (picture coming soon). That teacher has a lot of patience. About 20 little 4 year olds with tap shoes (I'm sure you can form a picture with sound as I say this). She'll even have a recital in April. Mommy can't wait. She'll probably be the one doing her own thing. While some were watching the teacher & some weren't, Karlie was doing frog leaps & ribbits. Then she was upset during the tap parts her shoes hadn't come in yet so she was upset and she kept plugging her ears while the others were tapping. All quite comical in a oh, my gosh, that's my child sort of way.
Charlie was nominated twice and won both for the Sand Dollar awards for his designs! His firm took home 8 all together. Soooo exciting and I am soooo proud of my little bro. We all know he is a wonderful designer, but I think this just topped it off for him to be chosen out of so many other designers just a confirmation for him. Love you little bro!
Tanner is just my little love bug. I'm enjoying our couple of days that we have for one on one time. His new word for today is hug and then he would run over & give me a big hug & growl (bear hug) and smack his lips for a kiss. I love it!!! He's up to about 20 words so far (mama, dada, sissy, doggy (he say arf when he sees one), kitty (he says ow, ow so it sounds like a cat), fall, flower, just to name a few. It's so much fun to listen to him with new words. I giggle every time I hear a new one. I love the pic with his hair all over. He eats spagetti and then runs it through his hair. Such a little love!
Karlie has learned to spell her name and is learning how to write it. She's been working on the letter A this week. It's so much fun getting to check her backpack out after school and have her tell me about her day, what she had for lunch, and the little friends she's making. So much fun!
Check out the pics of these last events. I love all these special little moments with the kids. Love you my little bugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment