Friday, July 4, 2008
Grandpa
Grandpa is OK! Mom, I, Auntie Sue, & Ashley headed down Wed. night. Mike, Monica, & the girls came that night so we all went to dinner (at 8:00pm which was the last time gramp ate, his next one ended up being 36 hrs later) with gram & gramp and visited. The next morning went to breakfast and then headed for the hospital at 11:00am to sit with gramp for a bit. While they were doing blood work, etc. we ran up to the mall for a bit because surgery was planned for 2:30pm 1st, then it was moved to 3:30-4:30 so we grabbed a bite to eat, then back to the hospital for awhile it was moved again to 5:30-6:30, we spent most of the day besides a few hours at the hospital. About 5:30pm they took him into pre-op so we couldn't sit with him any more so we sat in the waiting room waiting for him to go into surgery. Ran out to get some food for gram around 7:00 because the food place was closed in the hospital and she hadn't eaten much all day. They finally took him into surgery around 8:15. and it's a 2-3 hr surgery. Dr. came in around 10:30pm and said, we're about ready to take him into surgery (just kidding because gram hopped up saying WHAT!!!) everything went fine, he'll be in recovery about an hour & then we can see him. About 11:45pm we finally got to see gramps and he looked good and they were going to send him home in the morning. Crazy!!! They were home by about 1:00 pm today. Amazing what we do now days. Adam was supposed to watch the kids for one night (by hmself) and it ended up being two, but he did a great job. I sure missed the kids though. Thanks Honey! Up early this morning & we were on the road & home by 11:30 got ready, headed to the parade. It was a busy, rough couple of days, especially for gramp, boy when we hit the pillows last night I was instantly asleep because I was so tired so I can't imagine how gramp felt. I'm so glad everything went fine with the surgery especially since the surgeons were in there since 8:00 am. My gramp is a very special guy to me so I was so glad I was able to go down and be there with him. Have a Happy 4th of July everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jennifer, guess I've been so preoccupied with Vonda and Ed's news today that I haven't checked your blog lately. Thank-you for the update on your dad. So happy everything went well for him. Even though I didn't check your blog I did take time to pray.:-) Can't wait till tomorrow to meet Eva and see the kids. They should be leaving their B&B right now and soon will be in the air. Trust all goes well. Aunt Vonnie
Post a Comment