

Saturday, was my 5k run day over in Baudette. My first official 5k run. My cousin Cathy & I ran it together; we've been training & motivatiing each other by email since mid March. We ran this whole run right next to each other. If I would start to slow down a bit & she would keep going strong, it would make me pick my pace back up again, and vice versa for her. It was a huge motivation for me. When we first started out we were running against the wind...a very strong wind. That 1st mile is the worse part of the run for me without any wind because it seems like I haven't really found my pace yet. So with the wind I had thoughts that I might not make this run, but was going to try my hardest. When we turned the loop and started to head back that wind was at my back pushing me. It was awesome. I knew we could do it then! I can't even describe the feeling for me of what it was like to come into the home stretch, and see the finish line. I had drove down with 4 girls (who ran it in very good time 27-30 min), and they were waiting at the end cheering and clapping us in. I had chills racing through me and pushed it out, picking up my pace to finish it out. Cathy was right by my side and we came in exactly together at 34.51 min. Our fastest time yet. I had only done 36.20 min before this day. It had been my goal to run the whole 5k & also come in under 35 min. So both my goals were met, and I got to run it with my cousin. This was very special to me and means so much, especially since we pushed each other. It was also something that I thought...never in a million years would I be able to do this. Now I'm addicted, and am signing up for one here for the 4th of July, and possibly one in Warroad in Aug. Thanks Cathy!!!
2 comments:
Wow you guys! Congratulations!! Beautiful...
congrats! it's a huge accomplishment...now you have the WANT to race more. It is addictive.
GREAT shirt by the way-you ARE a 30 minute Diva, who can and will run a 30 minute 5K. Great job.
Post a Comment