Tuesday, March 4, 2008
MN Twins
Well, the MN Twins played the Cincinnati Reds yesterday in their Spring Training game at Hammond Stadium. Peanuts & hot dog gallore. There were 7,802 people there, but it still had that small town feel to it (1-box popcorn, 1 lg soda, & 8-hot dogs = $39.50, 3- MN Twins programs (made for each individual game @ $5 ea.) = $15, 2- Twins t-shirts for the kids = $30, and the memories of the kids all dressed up in their baseball hats cheering & clapping = PRICELESS. We lucked out & our seats were in the shade or we probably would have fried. It was 82. Karlie got her snow cone & cotton candy. The game started off with the Twins pitching and the 1st batter of the Reds having is bat break in half & fly when the ball made contact. AWESOME!!! The 9th inning they tied up 6 to 6 and went into overtime. The Twins ended it with a runner on & a HOME RUN!!! The final score was the Twins 8 to Reds 6. It was so much fun. Something about actually being at the stadium that brings out the kid in you. Pretty soon you're hooting & hollering. Adam had both hands on a foul ball and this Dude(we'll call him this because I don't think he was very nice) turns around and rips it out of his hands. Oh well, but it would have been pretty cool to have. Today we're going to go bask in the sun. If I was here in the winter months; I'd have to have season passes to the Twins Spring Training because this is the only way to watch real baseball (TV is boring). I know my dad does it but it's not as exciting. I would have given you names of the Twins players, but most of them I've never heard of because their in the minors yet or just new to the team except for a few. Well, gotta go feed the rugrats & head to the pool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment