
I've been reading one of my favorite books to Karlie "Charlotte's Web". Each night we read a chapter or two together. This is also her favorite movie. As we know, Wilbur's life & keeping him alive is talked about and Charlotte's death. Karlie has been asking more questions concerning this. I'm telling this story because it is so touching to me and also so very cute from a childs perspective. (I will mention our cat Figaro also passed away a couple weeks ago and Chester our yellow lab went last summer.)This is how our vehicle ride went yesterday morning:
Karlie- Mom, where does God live?
Me- He lives in Heaven.
Karlie- Does God have a house?
Me- I said sure.
Karlie- Does God have dogs & cats for pets?
Me- I told her God took care of all our pets that pass away (reason being because she asked about Figaro)
Karlie- I miss Figaro, I miss Chester, too, and I also miss Grandma Hansen
Me- (getting teary eyed because I didn't think she remembered) I said I do too, honey
Karlie- Did God fix Grandma Hansen?
Me- (silent for a moment to regroup) Yes, honey, he sure did. Grandma's better now.
Karlie- Good
I just thought it was an adorable story. Children and their innocence and curiousity. When we told her about Figaro, she said, well, OK, but I still have Nala (our other cat) right, and on she went playing. I'm not sure I'm ready to start answering these questions, but apparently I have began doing it.
3 comments:
Good grief - those are some big questions for a 3 year old! Good job, momma! I know my mom will be touched by this post as well...
Yes, Vonda, you are right. I just sat down to check for any news and this was good to read. I'm feeling kinda bummed as Jeff is so sick today and even though all is ready for our Easter dinner, we have to wait till dad is better. Sure wouldn't want our grandkids and children or Grandma for that matter to get so sick. It is a bad one. Thank-you Jennifer for sharing with us. Such special moments to share with our children and everyone counts. Good job, dear. I am amazed that she remembers Grandma like that. Never know how those moments and times influence our little ones. I was just thinking of Mom today and wishing I could call and let her in on my woes:) Love to you! Enjoyed your pictures of your vacation too. Good times to put in the memory book. Looking forward to our vacation to CA. Hope we are all well and roaring by then. Aunt Vonnie
These questions are huge Vonda. Thanks foor the encouragement. Auntie, I hope Uncle Jeff is feeling well soon and hope you have a wonderful time in CA. Love you. I had to share this because it was special to me!
Post a Comment