



I know everyone's going to wonder what is going on...Jen blogged 2 days in a row. Well both kids took a nap at the same time; that's what happened. Most of un Minnisotans are used to this snow & cold weather, the first few snow falls being an absolute beautiful wonder, and then by late Jan./Feb. we ask ourselves what are we thinking & will this snow ever go away. I have learned to appreciate this a little more with the kids & to make the most out of things. So we have gone sledding, karlie had her first run at ice skating, snowman building (Karlie said we needed to finish the snowman so it could come alive "Frosty"), snow angels, and our latest was a sleigh ride. I haven't been on a sleigh ride for so long and I've always had a passion for horses, now I have Karlie to work on her daddy about getting a horse. :) Uncle Don & Auntie Marge took us out on their sleigh, the horses names were Danny & Dixie, two very monsterous, but gentle Belgians. It was so peaceful to get pulled along through the snow and glance at all the branches covered with fresh fallen snow. So untouched & serene. Then to hear the giggle of Karlie & Katie & Caleb Hostetter, Tanner tucked safely between the hay bales in his car seat, Uncle Don & Ron driving the team, Auntie Marge's cheerful voice, and also mom & dad's, Adam & I just enjoying the outdoors. Auntie Marge packed sloppy joes, BBQ beef buns, cookies, hot chocolate, & coffee because what would a sleigh ride be without food, especially with Auntie Marge, no fear of hunger here. We all talked about what it must have been like for Grandma & Grandpa Hansen when they only had the use of a team of horses to get them from place to place, such a different world. I often think now that each day is precious and to never take it for granted. Memories are important so we try to make as many as we can. So enjoy life to the fullest!!!
2 comments:
SO glad you got to do this! Thought Marge and Don were gone to FL all winter or we'd have been up there too by now! :-) I had the pleasure of a sleigh-ride with them back when I was 16, and will NEVER forget it. It was a wonderland; a priceless memory to carry into forever... Thanks, Don and Marge, for sharing and creating such beautiful memories with your family - we love you guys!
P.S. On my way home, I was thinking of my first time behind a steering wheel, 'helping' drive: Uncle Don's old-fashioned car or go-cart or something. That thing came SO close to being wrapped around a tree trunk...
I think they left for Florida last weekend or maybe it's this weekend. I never got to drive an old car, but I did get to drive the horses. Karlie sat on one's back the other day holding onto the mane saying weeeee. No fear at all. :) Thanks for sharing your memory with me! We love you guys too!
Post a Comment