Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Naples, Florida 2009









So good to go to Florida again for 10 days. Soooo lucky to have family in that WARM part of the world. Glad to miss the 20 inches of snow we received while we were gone. We had many days of relaxation. Pool side the first day, the next day the guys went deep sea fishing with Playin' Hooky, caught 56 BIG fish (snapper, tuna, mackeral, grouper, yellow tail, mango, amber jack) so we now have a freeze full of yummy fish! The guys had an awesome time fishing. That day us girls and the kids stayed inside (a wee bit burned) chilled on the couch and vegitated, put all the kids down (Charlie & Jessica's dog Sophie as well) :) Mom, Jessica, and I watched chick flicks ate popcorn and stayed in PJ's until 3pm(Momma Mia and 27 Dresses, loved them!)!!! Thought we'd better dress before the guys got home. :) We also went to the carnival in town. It was so much fun to watch the kids ride the rides together and giggle. This made me smile and know that this was what growing up with family is all about.

We mostly laid out at the pool, the kids were fish for the week. They loved playing in the pool with cousin Nathan. I was so amazed he's a natural in the water, a natural little fish. We went to the beach, too. The kids loved playing in the sand and splashing in the water.

So much fun to see them even though I wasn't feeling well. I think I got sick from some yahoo on the plane. Fever & chills for 3 days. Once I got the cold medicine in the body in the morning I was able to make it down to the pool to curl up in the sun. Then Adam only a little, Karlie, then Tanner with 103 temps sleeping in between us with his feet in Adam's ribs and his head on me because I get scared when he gets these temps so high. Waking up in the night, crying out, so not a lot of sleep for a few of those nights, but a pool and heat make it all better the next day.

We also took in a Twins game; they lost 9 to 5 due to some stupid plays, but still nothing about a hot dog and a ball game with the kids screaming yeah for the ball players. It was also bobble head day and so the kids each won one (one of Justin Morneau & one of Gary Gaetty). Pretty cool.

The plane ride home was a little long. Tanner was so over tired and Karlie just liked getting digs in so he kept covering his ears and yelling stop it sissy. Plus his ears really bothered him, but finally on the flight from MSP to the Falls, Tanner started crying a bit, and we had one of those flight attendants that talks to baby's like they are dumb...you know that loud slow talk thing that makes you want to laugh. Tanner looked at her like she was nuts but did quit crying long enough to really bounce & rock him and out to sleep he went for the whole flight. They were so good for the most part, but I did get a little panicky when the DVD's died only half way back from Florida. Oh, well, what a wonderful trip to be able to visit with Charlie & Jessica, Holly, Marc, & Nathan. Thanks you guys. We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jennifer, I enjoyed reading this so much. Such fun pictures of fun times. Boy that sun and warm weather looks welcoming. Can hardly wait for AZ, though I know it won't be quite so warm there. We are a bit up in the mountains so will only be around the 70 degree range, but that sounds good about now. Bet your dad was in his glory on that fishing trip. So glad he could do that with the guys. I kinda forgot about this blogging after all the facebook stuff we have been doing. Good to see an entry again. Love to you and family. Aunt Vonnie

Davina & JP said...

I love the new family photo!!!