I know birthdays come every year at the same time for each & everyone of us, but just to let everyone know here & now all of my birthdays stop. :) Yesterday was my 29th, eeeeek! I think this is the most freaked out about a birthday I've ever been. I had a couple of days of deep thinking & examining, both on what I have done in my life thus far and searching out my face for existing lines ( I thought maybe some had appeared over night or something), etc. I have accomplished many things just a few being the following: a wonderful husband whom I've been married to for almost 9 years, two absolutely adorable children, a family that I'm so close to, a college degree, a house we've made a home, and so many more. So in looking back I feel I've been the luckiest person. This is all I needed to regroup myself and take another approach to this whole birthday thing. Only one year left in my 20s, so therefore what is there left to do but live it up. I have every intention of doing that. Age is only a number, right. (Of course, I'll probably have to do the same thing again next year.)
We celebrated my birthday with a homemade pizza party with the family, with my special request of lemon meringue pie (complements of my mom) instead of a cake. It was awesome!!! It was a lot of fun. Thanks family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy birthday, sweet cousin! The last night I was 29, one of my best friends said to me, "Wow. You'll never be in your 20s again," sending me into a fountain of tears! What she didn't say (and couldn't have known then) are that the 30s are WAY WAY better than any decade previous to them; I would never go back (and my 20s were good). Friends tell me the 40s are even better than that!
P.S. The lines don't start getting noticeable till 32. :-)
Thanks for that. I had that panicy feeling for a bit, but I'm over it. I'm glad the 30s are way better.
Post a Comment