Friday, February 22, 2008

American Idol

Well, I must say a little of last nights results bugged me. I thought the rocker girl would go home over the other girl due to the fact I couldn't understand half of what she sang, but oh, well. The guys on the other hand, I figured those would be the 1st to go. My favorite again is that Michael Johns & Jon Archilita (or something like that) & for the girls Alexandrea & Ramiela (or something like that). I can't spell their names very well.

Adam & I went to Grand Rapids Tues. & came back Wed. I had to get a few things for going to Florida (swimsuit, sandals & hats for the kids, etc.) & Adam had some training. So just the two of us went. I think we found the one & only hotel that still uses keys instead of the swiper cards. The lady handed me 3 keys (this one goes to the outside doors if you want to get back into the hotel, this one is for the door to the pool area, & this one is for your actual room). I discovered keys were not that great, the kind you either have to pull up on the door or wiggle around to get to work, & then coming back inside the hotel when it's 20 below and not remember which key was the one to get back in, not good. The hotel itself was beautiful. My first night away from Tanner, but I was OK. If you ask my mom, I probably called more then I had to but I missed the little turkey's. Adam & I had fun going out to dinner & doing a bit of shopping (which was nice because if you've ever shopped with kids you don't get much done), and having a whole conversation together without being interupted, Mom, Mom, Mom, did you hear me mom... To be able to pop in & out of stores without hauling kids in & out during the cold weather is very nice, plus usually by the time you find something you want to try on one usually has to go potty or wants to go home. I think when we picked up the kids, Tanner wanted to get rid of me because I just love kissing those little cherub cheeks & I had missed them & Karlie gave a quick hug & kiss & off she went again, but they were glad we brought them home presents.

3 comments:

-V- said...

Love how you, like your parents did, call your kiddos 'little turkeys'. :-)

The rocker girl is my favorite!! ;-) Seriously! There are definitely some others with talent though... I had guessed that Amy and JoAnne would go home.

Glad you had a fun night shacking up with hubby... ;-)

FamilyGus said...

I like the rocker girl too, but I just couldn't understand that song much, and I thought JoAnne had sung so well before that. I knew the one girl would go home because that song was not good, but not nearly as bad as the boy Simon had said looked like he was in his room for a month. :) That one was painful...why do they make them sing the songs one more time before they go? I think it's cruel, oh by the way you're voted off, suck it up & sing beautifully.

-V- said...

I think that's cruel too... we usually tape it and fast-forward through that part.