Thursday, January 24, 2008

Heat Wave

I think it is pretty darn sad that when our temp. finally makes to above zero I pretty much celebrate, and say to myself, "Boy it really wasn't too bad today". I think that's ridiculous. Perhaps my mind has warped a little due to the cold although it did make it all the way up to 11 degrees today. Whahooo!!! A HEAT WAVES a commin'!!! I listen to my brother (Mr. Florida Boy) say, "Boy it was cold here today...we couldn't go down to the pool...it was only in the 60s)" and it makes me think back to the days when I used to take him into my Big Sister headlock, and say to him are you mad; there has been an actual hundred degree difference here the last few days when we were -45 with the windchill. He just laughs when I say this stuff to him. When it finally starts to hit 40s & 50s here were like out in out T-shirts, & Florida's putting on sweaters at 60s. Do peoples blood actually thin out from living in different climates?

4 comments:

-V- said...

I don't know, but you guys had it better than us today! 13 below!! Arrrrggghhh!!! Grandma loved this kind of weather though... :-)

FamilyGus said...

I know grandma loved this weather, snow is one thing but this cold, cold stuff is for the birds. Did Ed have any wealth of knowledge for us on the animals in cold weather? I'm really interested

-V- said...

We'll see if he comments... Turns out, it's true that other mammals have body temps that are slightly higher than ours (dogs are 101). He also mentioned that their physiology is really different - their fur isn't just like 'a fur coat', but is able to fluff up in extreme cold for protection, their feet pads are specially made to be okay in this kind of stuff, and they know all the good places to hunker down when they're still. He claims he's no expert though... Maybe your dad could contribute some more too?

FamilyGus said...

I'll talk to my dad & see, but that is very intersting. Tell Ed Thanks!